A CELEBRATION OF POP-UP AND MOVABLE BOOKS, ed. Jessica DuLong - 2004 [Ltd. ed.]
A Celebration of Pop-up and Movable Books
Movable Book Society
edited by Jessica DuLong
Limited edition. East Brunswick, NJ: Movable Book Society, 2004
Hardback in presentation box is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Purple cloth covers are mostly clean, with envelope and seal ornament on front cover. Back cover is full color illustrated glossy paper.
- Five openings, each with pop-up or movable pages attached. See photos.
- Interior shows little to no sign of wear or age. Pages are free of marks.
- All movable parts function.
- Slipcase is purple cloth over boards, with ribbon and magnetic closure. Case shows some staining to cover. See photos.
10 pages. 8 x 10.25 inches.
This Movable Book Society (MBS) 10th Anniversary special limited edition contains pop-up and movable reproductions from some of the most famous historical creators in the field. Explore more than 700 years of movable book history from Paris to Penick! Contains 11 full color pop-ups and movables, including reproductions of historical creators Matthew Paris, Robert Sayer, Dean & Son, Lother Meggendorfer, Ernest Nister, S. Louis Giraud, Harold B. Lentz, Julian Wehr, Geraldine Clyne, Vojtech Kubasta, and Ib Penick.
In addition, each pop-up cover includes a biography of the original artist. These are written by members of the MBS (Robert Sabuda, Ann R. Montanaro, and Ellen G. K. Rubin).
Limited edition of 2500 copies.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.