A CATALOGUE OF SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS & APPLIANCES, by Down Bros - 1897
A Catalogue of Surgical Instruments & Appliances with Appendix, containing many Additions and Improvements; also Illustrations of recently designed Aseptic Instruments
manufactured and sold by Down Bros.
Here is the Down Bros. catalog of medical instruments, presented in B&W illustrations, with their written function and description. Each illustration is captioned for an optimal understanding of the function, way of use, and parts of the instrument. The catalog features all the new instruments designed by Down Bros. at the time of publication of the book. The volume also features advertisement from the makers for new creations, with special captions and texts showing the new way of use and the greater convenience represented by each new instrument. The captions and descriptions will make it easy for the trained surgeon, and understandable for the layman, to realize the advantage of each creation. A book of interest even for the surgeon of today. 723 pages. 6 x 8.75 inches.
Order form and repair request to Down Bros. included.
Abundantly illustrated in B&W images of instruments and their use. All illustrations accurately captioned.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Down Bros., London, 1897.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in good+ condition with overall rubbing to covers and toning, mostly marginal, to interior.
- Faded dark olive covers feature text and lines in gilt on front, with blind-tooled borders, and display some rubbing and scuffing scattered on both covers.
- Boards display some edgewear with rubbing and bumping to corners, as well as some bumps along fore edges. (See photos)
- Rounded spine features text and filigree in gilt, with rubbing and scuffing to ends, and some vertical closed tears.
- Binding is fragile with cracked hinges. (See photos)
- Pastedowns are foxed, with evidence of damp staining, as well as some tears, on back.
- Front fep displays a 2" closed tear near hinge on lower end.
- Interior is moderately age-toned, with an even marginal toning on all pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages release a slight odor upon thumbing.
- Last pages exhibit a prominent damp stain to lower right corner.
- Text block edges are strongly toned with some shelfwear and scuffs, and display a damp stain at lower corner from last pages. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore