A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME, by Stephen Hawking - 1988 [True RECALLED 1st Ed]
A Brief History of Time: from the Big Bang to Black Holes
by Stephen W. Hawking
FIRST EDITION. Recalled edition - missing Table of Contents and Dedication. Published by: Bantam Books, Toronto ON, New York, London, Sydney, Auckland NZ, 1988.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 9780553052435
- Volume displays minor overall wear to covers and interior.
- Quarter-bound in black cloth. Remaining three quarters of boards is in lighter paper. (See photos)
- Boards feature blind-tooled author's initials at lower corner of front, and display mild overall edgewear with fading, some white dots along upper edges, and a small bump to upper corner of front. (See photos)
- Spine features text in silver, and is minimally blemished, in overall well-preserved condition.
- Binding is secure throughout volume.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display scattered foxing along head. Foxing is minimal on fore edge and foot.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped. (See photos)
- DJ displays minimal overall edgewear and toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
198 pages. 6.25 x 9.25 inches.
A remarkable figure in the world of astronomical sciences, Stephen W. Hawking here delivers a stunning history of the universe that transcends the accepted boundaries of inquiry and discovery of modern science. The result is a deeply mind and heart searching book, that presents the reader with the elementary yet rarely-explored questions: Was there a beginning of time? Will there be an end? Is the universe infinite? Or does it have boundaries? An infinite mind set on an infinite subject to deal with questions just as infinite.
Illustrated with B&W digital drawings and diagrams. Features an introduction by Carl Sagan. Includes a glossary of scientific terms.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore