A BOY'S WILL, by Robert Frost - 1915 [1st US Ed]$995.00
A Boy's Will
by Robert Frost
2nd state of 1st US Ed, with original DJ (see edition notes below). New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1915.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Blue cloth over boards maintained rich colors with brilliant gilt on front and spine.
- Foot corners are gently bumped, with barest signs of scuffing.
- Bumped head and tail of spine are lightly scuffed and softened.
- Binding is secure and sound.
- Pastedowns exhibit minimal toning from age.
- Back pastedown has vintage bookseller sticker from Brentano's in NY, with offset on facing fep. (See photo)
- Handmade quality paper exhibits deckled edges fore and foot.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Original DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has sunned spine, small chips at corners, and more obvious chips at head and foot of spine.
- Professional restoration of DJ was elegantly handled, and can be best seen from interior. (See photos)
- All four corners of DJ are evenly clipped. Seems unlikely there was a price on flap.
63 pages. 5.25 x 7.75 inches.
The first published book of poetry from American Robert Lee Frost (1874-1963) was a success from the start. Initially published in England where he was living at the time, this volume put Frost on the literary map. Frost befriended several British poets who inspired and encouraged his initial publishing endeavors.
Frost received a number of accolades in his lifetime, including four Pulitzer Prizes for Poetry, the Congressional Gold Medal in 1960 for his poetic works, and was named poet laureate of Vermont. Critics of literature have declared him one of America's rare "public literary figures, almost an artistic institution."
EDITION POINTS: First American Edition. Some corrections were made, proving this copy as a 2nd state. Very scarce in original DJ!
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore