5 SHORT-CUT LESSONS TO GOOD BOXING, by Marshall Stillman Association- 1922 [6 Pamphlets]$225.00
Book One : 5 "Short-Cut" Lessons to Good Boxing: Mass Boxing, Success through Boxing
Book Two: Scientific Blows and Guards: What Blows to Use, What Blows to Expect and How to Guard Against Them
Book Three: Great Fighters and Boxers Psychology of the Ring, Including Some Very Interesting Stories not Generally Known
Book Four: Shadow Boxing, How to Train, Advice on Living, Rules of the Ring
Book Five: Daily Exercises and Home Development: Thoughts on Developing Physically, Mentally, Morally and in Ideals
Book Six: Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Defenses Against Violent Attacks
by Marshall Stillman Association
6 Pamphlets. New York, NY: Marshall Stillman Association, 1922
Pamphlets are overall in GOOD condition.
- Each stapled pamphlet cover has a black and white illustration of the topic of each lesson from 1922.
- Illustrated wraps show signs of shelfwear, edgewear, cracking, and folding. (See Photos).
- Corners are scuffed, worn, and have some chips missing on each of the volumes. (See Photos).
- Spine are stapled and have some cracking.
- Binding is secure on each of the pamphlets except for pamphlet number Five which cover is not attached. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have scattered small closed tears and page folds across each pamphlets. (See Photos).
- Text block edges are a little dusty and have signs of dirt. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
325 pages. 0.75 x 8 inches.
Lou Stillman, was a legendary boxing trainer who had a gym in New York City, but whose fame transcended beyond New York and into boxing circles virtually everywhere else. He was also a private detective prior to working as a boxing trainer. These pamphlets from the 1920's are lessons in the Marshall Stillman Old-School Boxing Course about learning how to box, wrestle, self defense and working out.
EDITION POINTS: 6 Pamphlets
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore