24 TWENTY-FOUR HOURS, by Louis Bromfield - 1930
by Louis Bromfield
Intriguing story of six guests at a dinner party in New York City, Twenty-Four Hours opens at a swanky dinner party in New York City. In the day that follows, their devious ways and secret interests brings each to a crisis--including murder!--in a gripping 463 fast-turning pages by this Pulitzer Prize winner. Originally published as a serial entitled Shattered Glass, this story was brought to the stage in a play by William C. Lenyel and Lew Levensen, and to the big screen in one of the earliest books-to-color films (24 Hours 1931). 463 pages. 5.25" x 7.5" inches.
5th printing, with a scarce dust jacket that looks nice behind Mylar. Grosset & Dunlap, NY. 1930
Overall in NEAR FINE condition, with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Front Cover and Spine have Black Embossed Titles
- Textblock Head is Blue
- Binding is Secure and Tight
- Pastedowns are Attached
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Front Cover has a small mark, Rear Cover has a small white mark, and the Spine has a small tear
- Front Free End Page has a pencil mark on it
- DJ has Protective Mylar Coat, and is backed by archival paper.
- DJ Covers have slight scuffs/wear
- DJ Foot Edge has a few closed tears and minor chipping at corners.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.