20TH CENTURY MURANO GLASS: FROM CRAFT TO DESIGN, by Marc Heiremans - 1996 [1st Ed]
20th Century Murano Glass
by Marc Heiremans
A captivating continuation of the book by the same author: Murano Glass: Themes and Variations (1910-1970). Marc Heiremans here explores the techniques of 20th century glassmaking as taken from a centuries-old tradition. This beautiful volume puts together some of the most remarkable artworks of this time period, to illustrated a vast history that takes its roots over a thousand years ago. With captions for each photograph, and biographies of artists and manufactories included, this book delivers an exceptional exploration of a remarkable art. 232 pages. 9 x 12 inches.
Richly illustrated with full-color captioned photographs. 186 full-color tables, 111 illustrations of labels and signatures and 61 detail illustrations in full-color. Text in German, French and Dutch. Includes biographies of artists and manufacturers.
Published by: Arnoldsche, Stuttgart, Germany, 1996.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 3925369635
- Volume displays minimal overall wear on covers and to interior, as well as on DJ.
- Blue cloth covers exhibit minimal edgewear with sharp corners.
- Spine features white text and shows minimal bumping to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ displays minimal edgewear, from bumping and rubbing, as well as slight overall scuffing. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore