MELMOTH THE WANDERER, by C.R. Maturin - 1892 [3 vol] - 19th Century Gothic Horror
Melmoth The Wanderer [19th Century Gothic Horror]
by Charles Robert Maturin
Vol 1: 295 pages; Vol 2: 326 pages; Vol 3: 335 pages. 5.5 x 7.25 inches.
Published by: MacMillan / Richard Bentley & Son, London. 1892
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Green cloth over boards has bright gilt title on rounded spines.
- Bindings are a little fragile, with some play in them.
- Spine ends are crushed with fraying.
- Corners are gently bumped with some fraying.
- Light to moderate wear at perimeters.
- Shoulders are moderately scuffed.
- Inside pages are lightly tanned with some light scattered foxing or smudges.
- Interiors are free of marginalia and intentional marks.
- Pastedowns have a little more aging, with more again on facing feps.
- Text block edges are dusty.
- Fore edges are deckled.
- Vol 1:
- Pages 96-97 have a stain spot at the center of the foot of the page.
- Gutter shows gap between signatures at pages 160-161.
- Cloth over boards has horizontal bubbles.
- Vol 2:
- One signature is loose: pages 147-158.
- Gutter shows gap between signatures at pages 128-129
- Vol 3:
- Shadow from newspaper stored in book can be seen at pages 8-9 and 130-131.
- Gutter shows gap between signatures at pages 96-97 and 208-209.
- Head of text block has some tiny dark spots.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!