MEDIEVAL GARDENS VOLUME ONE, by Frank Crisp 1924
Medieval Gardens Volume One
by Frank Crisp
Volume I only. Flowery medes and other arrangements of herbs, flowers and shrubs grown in the Middle Ages, with some account of Tudor, Elizabethan and Stuart gardens. The author was treasurer and vice president of the Linnean Society of London. First third of book is text that details the balance of the book which features dozens of b&w illustrations. Unpaginated. 9.25" by 11.5".
Number 223 of 1,000 printed.
Published by: John Lane The Bodley Head, London 1924
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Very scarce 1924 edition
- Brilliant gilt on front and spine
- Gilt on top edge of textblock
- Corners are bumped
- A few minor smudges to covers
- Light shadow stains to front pastedown and ffep
- Previous owner's small bookplate on front pastedown
- Light crease to front endpaper
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!