DEUTSCHE SCHRIFT KUNST, by Albert Kapr - 1959
by Albert Kapr
The history of typefaces and writing used in used in books. It is filled with color and B&W illustrations of typefaces employed throughout the years, both printed and copied. 287 pages with index, 10 X 13.5 inches.
Text is written in German.
This revised 2nd edition was published by: Verlag der Kunst, Dresden. 1959.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Brown linen over boards has white ink on front and spine.
- Binding is tight and secure.
- Interior is free of marginalia and intentional marks.
- DJ features seven samples of type and illustrations on front.
- Covers are clean with light fraying / wear to corners, an minimal fading to edges.
- Spine ends are gently bumped.
- Binding has slight cock with a slight front overhang.
- Inside pages are gently age toned, more in the margins and fading to clean text.
- Pastedowns are printed with exotic typefaces.
- Back fep of printed brown paper has small ink writing near top margin.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar, and backed with archival paper.
- DJ shows wear to perimeter with a nickel-sized chip off lower right corner.
- Other chips to DJ can be seen off right edge, head and tail of spine, and back bottom and top.
- Back of DJ shows some soiling.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks
No reviews. Be the first to write one!