BOW OF BURNING GOLD, by E. Merrill Root - 1929 [Signed]
Bow of Burning Gold
by E. Merrill Root
A book of poetry by E. Merrill Root--poet, activist and professor at Earlham College (IN). It is a handsome and wonderfully preserved copy. 171 pages. 5.75 X 8.5 inches.
This book is signed, inscribed and includes a letter to fellow poet Caroline Giltinan. Inscription on ffep is dated April 17, 1931, and is followed by two handwritten lines of poetry. Typed letter, signed by Root, is on his college stationary.
Second printing of the first edition, published by: Robert Packard & Company, Chicago, IL. 1929.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Brown cloth over board has bright gilt on front and spine.
- Binding is tight.
- Book has original clear acetate DJ.
- Jacket exhibits minimal shelfwear and is in nice condition.
- Covers exhibit minimal shelfwear
- Corners are sharp.
- Tail of spine is lightly bumped.
- Interior is lightly age-toned.
- Inscription and author's sig on ffep
- Textblock edges are a little dusty.
- Inside pages are free of marginalia and underling.
- Letter is typed on age-toned fine stationary with light edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!