BALTHUS: THE DRAWINGS - 1998
Balthus: The DrawingsBook is divided into 3 sections:
- Balthus: Reflections on Drawing: This is a collection of quotes taken from a conversation held with Michel Archimbaud, August 1998.
- 127 pages of plates printed in original color, and grouped by similarities.
- Balthus and the Colour of Lines, written by Jean-Pierre Faye
Balthasar Klossowski de Rola (1908-2001), best known as Balthus, was a Polish-French modern artist.This is a collection of his drawings and includes many studies. 144 pages. 11.75 x 11.75 inches.
Translated from the French. First English edition published by: Editions Adam Biro, Paris. 1998.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 287660244X
- White cloth over boards is very clean, with crisp black text on spine.
- Lower edges exhibit very minimal shelfwear.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are bright and clear, free of writing and intentional marks.
- Front end page has bookplate for James A. Mitchner Art Museum, donated by Alan Goldstein.
- Illustrated dust jacket looks very nice behind Mylar, and is backed with archival paper.
- Closer examination reveals some light soiling to plain white portions, a crease in back foot margin, and a long closed tear from head of back shoulder.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
No reviews. Be the first to write one!