NO COFFIN FOR THE CORPSE, Clayton Rawson - 1942 [1st Ed] scarce DJ crime mystery$195.00
No Coffin for the Corpse
by Clayton Rawson
This treasure includes the scarce original illustrated dust jacket by George Kelly. The 3rd mystery solved by stage magician The Great Merlini, whose unique and uncanny abilities with the paranormal help him solve the mystery of the murder. This time, he investigates the murder of a neurotic multimillionaire. 280 pages. 5.25" by 7.75".
Stated FIRST EDITION published by Little, Brown and Company. Boston, MA. 1942.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a FAIR DJ.
- Black cloth covers features mustard-yellow inked lettering and design detail on front, with faint staining to the cloth, primarily along the edges.
- Corners exhibit light bumping.
- Spine has clean lettering with softened ends and small stain to the tail.
- Binding is firm.
- Front endpaper exhibits shadow of erased pencil notes.
- Interior is clear, including B&W line drawing facing Chapter 1.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- A few scattered pages have lightly bumped/folded corners. Please see photos.
- Very few pages pages exhibit a bold marginal dog-ear crease. Please see photos.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is age-toned and scuffed, most notably to white at rear and returns.
- Front of DJ shows small abrasions to the finish with significant wear at head edge, with pronounced creases and chips at top and bottom. Largest chips at front head corner and foot of shoulder intrude 1/2" into DJ. Please see photos.
- Back of DJ and spine ends are creased with some chipping. Largest chip is 1/4" at head of back shoulder. Please see photos.
- Front return shows price clipping.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore